[X2Go-Project] X2Go: The Gathering - The Aftermath

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Wed Jun 24 12:09:51 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank every participant of X2Go: The Gathering 2015 for
coming, and for doing their part in making it a wonderful experience.

It seems that the 40 minutes of talk/20 minutes break schedule worked
rather well, we only had two talks that were delayed - one for technical
reasons, the other because two participants needed to leave early.  So I
suggest we stick with that for the next gathering.
However, I am thinking we might want to offer shorter talk slots as
well.  Maybe 20 minutes of talk/10 minutes break?  We only had two of
those this time.
What worries me is that with all those 40 minute talks, we took a lot of
time away from the coding/bugsquashing part, as well as from the
socializing.

So maybe more 20 minute talks next time, without increasing the number
of talks?

Also, I am unsure if we should have talks on Sunday at all, or if we
should pack all the talks into the Saturday slots, leaving Sunday
entirely for coding/bugsquashing/socializing (maybe sitting outside in
the park, chatting, after a long breakfast)?

At 2014's Gathering, people seemed to really like and enjoy
Unperfekthaus, our Saturday dinner location.  This year, it seems people
weren't too interested and mainly went there for dinner.

So I'm wondering - should we drop the Unperfekthaus from next year's
schedule, and stay at the hotel for the entire time?  As the other
community proved, bad weather is no reason not to have a BBQ. ;-)
Staying at the hotel would again leave more time for
coding/debugging/socializing, as we don't spend 40-60 minutes on the
road going to UpH and back, and everyone has access to their personal
equipment (laptops, tablets, ...) all the time.

Feedback welcome, please reply to the x2go-projects list (and please
subscribe to it, in case you aren't) so it is public.

Kind Regards,
Stefan
--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)