[X2Go-Project] [X2Go-Dev] RfC: How should X2Go handle commercial offers/sponsorships and discussions related to that?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Jan 27 16:57:23 CET 2015

Hi Stefan,

On  Di 27 Jan 2015 15:46:48 CET, Stefan Baur wrote:

> Am 27.01.2015 um 14:44 schrieb Jos:
>> No problem, I do not need to know any further. I am the last one
>> that wants this project to get hurt.
>>
>> Jos.
>
> Thank you for your understanding, Jos. :-)
>
> One thing I can disclose, as it is more or less unrelated, is that I
> have never accepted, nor will I ever accept sponsorships/contracts
> from ethically questionable sources like the military or nuclear power
> plant operators.
>
> They can use X2Go - as it is GPL, we can't keep that from happening -
>  but they will have to look for paid support elsewhere, and I'm not
> even going to handle donations from such entities through my company.
>
> That is not what we provide anonymity for.
>
> - -Stefan
> (now speaking as CEO of BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt))

Thanks for making this statement in public. We have discussed this on
private chat recently and I am very glad that we are on the same track
regarding this!!!

Same, as Stefan said above for his company, applies to my company.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31