[X2Go-Project] RfC: How should X2Go handle commercial offers/sponsorships and discussions related to that?

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Tue Jan 27 11:29:14 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

and sorry for not making any further announcements lately.
Things have been pretty busy here, and to top it off, I was sick with a
severe cold and fever for a good part of the last week.

As you may know, there is an "inner circle" in the X2Go project called
the "core team" consisting mainly of the X2Go founders, core
developers, and other people currently earning money with X2Go.

During the first few weeks of my "reign", I tried to keep the commercial
discussions amongst the core team members out of x2go-dev and out of
x2go-project.
(My rationale: use x2go-dev for development, use x2go-project for
project policies and politics, commercial topics should not "spam"
either of those.)

This has led to a negative feedback from one of the core team members,
stating that everything should be public.
We obviously seem to have a different understanding of what "public" can
mean.  I would have considered a Wiki page public enough.  Seems that
not everybody agrees.  Now, I don't think either of us is right or
wrong here, it just shows that one can have a different viewpoint.

So I would like to ask the x2go-dev community at large:
Are you interested in reading all the gory details regarding sponsored
development on X2Go, here on this mailing list?

Please choose:
a1) Yes, please discuss this on x2go-dev
a2) Yes, please discuss this on x2go-project
b) Please use a different (new) mailing list dedicated to that purpose
c) No, please keep the mailing lists a community-only place
d) I have an entirely different, better solution, namely: ____________

I will collect your feedback during the next two weeks and will make up
my mind after that.

Kind regards,
Stefan
X2Go Lead Evangelist/Project and Community Coordinator
- --
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243