[X2Go-Project] Invitation to the 3rd ΞX2Go Developer Online Meeting (2015-04-23)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Apr 20 06:00:41 CEST 2015

Hi,

On  Fr 17 Apr 2015 20:43:07 CEST, Heinz-M. Graesing wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Am 17.04.2015 um 14:22 schrieb Michael DePaulo:
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:02 AM, Heinz-M. Graesing
>> <heinz-m.graesing at obviously-nice.de> wrote:
> [...]
>> When you specify the "WET" time zone, do you mean "Western
>> European Time" (UTC+0), or "Western European Summer Time"("WEST")(
>> UTC+1)? Currently Western Europe is observing DST, so they are on
>> the latter.
>>

> Sorry for the confusion. We came to the agreement some mails before,
> that we always should use UTC as the timezone for meetings and events.
> Somebody (part of this ml) explained me, that UTC is not a valid
> timezone. So I used "GMT" last time, but GMT is only/mainly used by

Shouldn't we care more about what people understand easily opposed to
what is correct and/or (not) valid? Whoever that nit-picker was...
tststs.

For us IT people, UTC is a fine pseudo-timezone to use for finding
international time slots IMHO. So why make this more complex than it
already is?

my 2¢ (sighing...)

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148