[X2Go-Project] Setting up etckeeper + git on Japsand

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 14:58:56 CEST 2015

Hi Heinz,

Please confirm that it is OK for me to setup etckeeper + git on
Japsand to revision control /etc/.

Some quick tips on usage for everyone:
1. To basically "git add" and "git commit" everything after making a
change, run "sudo etckeeper commit". You will be prompted for a
changelog message.
2. if you do not run "sudo etckeeper commit" manually, it will be run
automatically every night (/etc/cron.daily/etckeeper).
3. To view changes/history, run standard git commands with sudo under /etc/ .

-Mike#2