[X2Go-i18n] Subscription information regarding x2go-i18n - please read

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu May 24 23:12:45 CEST 2018

Dear Subscriber,

As the regulations of the GDPR <https://gdpr-info.eu/> are becoming
effective on May 25, 2018, we would like to send you a quick reminder
about your subscription to the mailing list named x2go-i18n

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW

You need to read this entire message.  No further action will be
required on your part, unless after reading, you don't want to be
subscribed any longer - in that case, please follow the instructions below.

HERE'S HOW TO REVIEW YOUR SETTINGS

You may review your account settings at any time, and unsubscribe,
should you ever wish to, by going to

HERE'S WHY WE BELIEVE WE MAY SEND YOU LIST E-MAILS

As we have sufficient reason to believe that you personally signed up,
due to us using a two-step (AKA "double opt-in") subscription process,
an active subscription will be taken as consent in the sense of Article
6 (1) a) and Article 7 (1) of the GDPR.

HERE'S HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE

You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, thus ending
your subscription, as per Article 7 (3) of the GDPR.  To do so, please
unsubscribe using the link above.  To protect against accidental or
"hostile" unsubscribing, a two-step process is also used to handle
unsubscribe requests.

HERE'S WHAT TO DO IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS UNSUBSCRIBING

If you have difficulties unsubscribing, because the E-Mail with the
unsubscribe link isn't showing up in your E-Mail inbox, please, first
check your SPAM folder for any messages our list server may have been
trying to send you; if nothing shows up there either, please contact the
list administrators at:

<mailto:x2go-i18n-owner at lists.x2go.org>

HERE'S HOW WE HANDLE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS DATA

Please understand that we need to keep your E-Mail address stored in our
database for the duration of your subscription, which is a justifiable
cause as set forth in Article 6 (1) b) of the GDPR.  Your E-Mail address
will be deleted from the distribution list automatically and immediately
upon unsubscribing, and may be blacklisted (thus stored permanently, but
blocked from receiving messages) either on your request, or if we notice
abuse stemming from your address.

Your E-Mail address is not shared with others, unless you actively post
to the list.  If you do, it will become visible to all other
subscribers, and it may also become visible in part or fully on web
sites that offer a public archive of mailing list posts, as well as in
our own archive, which you can find here:

<http://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-i18n>

If you want to keep your real E-Mail address secret from the public,
while remaining subscribed, we suggest you either refrain from posting,
or subscribe with a temporary, "burner" E-Mail address you created
specifically for that purpose.

HERE'S HOW TO REQUEST MESSAGE DELETION

If you believe an E-Mail you sent should be purged from the public
archive that we operate (see the link above), please also contact the
list administrators at

<mailto:x2go-i18n-owner at lists.x2go.org>

Note that list administrators have no influence what other recipients of
the particular list message do with it - e.g. if others choose to mirror
contents of our list archive on their own web site, you will need to
contact them separately with your deletion request.

Thank you for taking the time to read this far, and for being a
subscriber.  Have a nice day.