[X2Go-i18n] Czech translation of X2Go Client

Tomas Ruzicka tr3027 at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 20 01:46:59 CET 2018

Hi all,

as announced some days ago I finished the X2Go Client translation.

I also had to copy the qt_cs.qm from /usr/share/qt4/translations/ to the i18n folder on my machine for all the strings getting translated. It looks like some strings are missing in the x2goclient_en.qm file which I used as source for the translation. Unfortunately at least two strings get their translations from qt instead of the x2goclient_cs.qm afterwards:
* CUPSPrintWidget - "State:" translates to "Stát:" (=country) instead of "Stav:" (=status)
* CupsPrinterSettingsDialog - Duplex mode option "None" translates to "nic" (=nothing) instead of "Žádný" (=none)

I also found a few non-translated strings in the settingswidget.cpp which show up in the GUI:
    rXfreeRDPOld=new QRadioButton ( "xfreerdp (old style options)",rdpBox);
    rXfreeRDPNew=new QRadioButton ( "xfreerdp (new style options)",rdpBox);

To be honest I'm a little bit confused by the terms "Proxy" and "Broker". It looks like the word Proxy is being used in the GUI and Broker in the CLI instead. Is this really two different things or just an inconsistence in wording? In the patch I translated just the Broker (=zprostředkovatel) as proxy has the same word in Czech as well :)

I translated the help.cpp strings as well, unfortunatelly it looks like this did not work correctly. Running "x2gcilent --help" displays a mess. It looks like the UTF8 printed in ASCII (ie. "Povolí nebo zakáže pÅepsání aktuálního" instead of "Povolí nebo zakáže přepsání aktuálního"). Further it's not showing up in any other language if called like "export LANG=en_US; x2goclient --help". I tested with "LANG=C" and "LANG=de_DE" as well. Maybe it is not intended for translating? Translated debuging output printed to the CLI displays correctly btw.

I tested as much as possible to see if the translation is consistent within the GUI (Linux only) but there's a lot of strings/dialogues I have no idea where/how to display so further testing is needed. Any feedback is welcome :)

--
Tom Ruzicka