[X2Go-i18n] Call for Translations for X2Go Client

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Fri Oct 6 03:25:08 CEST 2017

On 10/05/2017 08:03 AM, Daniel Lindgren wrote:
> You're referring to "to %n bit(s)"? If that's the case, I find it unlikely that
> there will ever be a color depth of 1 bit so I felt it was redundant to use
> "bit(ar)" in Swedish.

Yep, I'm referring to that.

Yes, it's unlikely that users change the color depth to 1, but it might happen.
We have no control over the user's environment.

But worse - currently only the singular (i.e., 1 color depth) form is
translated, while the plural form (anything but 1) probably won't be translated
at all.

This message is special in that it allows different translations for both the
the singular and plural forms.

It seems like the correct thing to do here is to translate it as such:

singular (first) form: "Det är starkt rekommenderat att ändra färgdjup till %n
bit och starta om din X.Org Server innan du återansluter till denna X2Go-session."
plural (second) form: "Det är starkt rekommenderat att ändra färgdjup till %n
bitar och starta om din X.Org Server innan du återansluter till denna X2Go-session."

Is that correct? I can apply it myself if that's okay.

Mihai