[x2go-i18n] [X2Go-Dev] I18n - how to do it

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Feb 20 10:46:26 CET 2012

Hi Morty,

On Mo 20 Feb 2012 10:37:16 CET Moritz Struebe wrote:

> X-Posting to i18n and dev (Please make sure we continue this)
>
> Hi there,
>
> as i18n is getting more dynamic at the moment, I remembered our
> discussion from September last year. One of the things we looked at was
> www.transifex.net. I think we should reconsider looking at this, as it
> will allow to translate x2go without the need of using git, but using a
> web interface. And they have an API, as well as a simple client, so we
> can script the up- and download of translation files. As it is just used
> as a tool for translation, we take no risks. In the worst case, we can
> just switch to a different service or go back to the current workflow.
> Any comments?

I am not a fan of such web services. However, I get that it might make
things easier for translators.

I am not against such a service, if you find time and others like it
this may be the way to go.

Most important thing is that such a translation service does not
conflict with manual translation commits.

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B