[x2go-i18n] [wiki] - first version of translation instructions

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Feb 16 11:12:11 CET 2012

Hi Terje,

On Do 16 Feb 2012 00:50:00 CET Terje Andersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've added the page with instructions on how the translation process works.
> The next logical step would be to also extend the page with how to
> update the translation also and to create and commit that as a patch
> as well. I'll get on doing that one of the next evenings.
>
> I wrote it up here:
> http://www.x2go.org/wiki:development:i18n
>
> If anyone has comments, see any errors or any places there are a
> need for changing things, feel free - it's a wiki ;-)
>
> @Daniel, if you try to follow it when you start on the Swedish
> translation, it would be nice if you updated the page if there any
> errors, missing things, and so forth.

Thanks for creating this page.

First feedback: what you describe is the translation of X2GoClient,
not X2Go. The server does not have a translation.

But these projects (Qt based) have:

   x2goadmincenter (very new and raw)
   x2godesktopsharing
   plasma-widget-x2go
   etc.

They should all be Qt Linguist based, but maybe better take a look.

And this project uses normal gettext stuff (poedit):

   pyhoca-gui

Having translations for PyHoca-GUI is very welcome!!!
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=pyhoca-gui.git;a=blob;f=README.i18n;h=a10c2e64da24eccb66b9d74ab3134b9d35bea0ef;hb=06ac0550a15231e2c427f4e5ca2a1cdfe1cf982a

Maybe it is even more sensible to place your wiki contents into

   x2goclient.git/README.i18n

and on the wiki page you currently set up to only give the information
that there is a README.i18n file an all the translatable projects and
for further information see there... The several README.i18n files
could be also linked from your wiki page.

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B