[x2go-i18n] [X2Go-Dev] Norwegian x2goclient translation

Terje Andersen teranders at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:08:41 CET 2012

Den 15. feb. 2012 16:17, skrev Daniel Lindgren:
>>> I wrote the way I did the whole git and translation process because  it's
>>> missing on the wiki (where I thought it would be written down,  it says
>>> "TODO" - both on the devel page, and also on the  documentation of the
>>> Translation). If this is an approved way of  doing the translation process,
>>> or if you can correct me, I can write  this up on the wiki if you would like
>>> me to. How can I go about to  get write access to the wiki?
>>
>> Please start a page on this and send me the link once you have  achieved
>> something. I will proof-read.
>>
> I can start work on a Swedish translation, is there a wiki page in the
> works or should I just use Terjes method described earlier?
Hi Daniel,

I'll create a wiki page describing this, until then you should be able
to use my method described here, but with some minor corrections:

1. Don't copy any other language file (*.ts) into your language file,
instead;
2. Update the x2goclient.pro file with a text editor with your language
file. You can add a line below this one:
"TRANSLATIONS += x2goclient_nb.ts"
with a similar line with the filename for your language file (I think
maybe it should be 'x2goclient_se.ts')
3. In a terminal, run the command 'lupdate x2goclient.pro' in the
x2goclient directory (the one with the 'x2goclient.pro'),which should
create the Swedish file ('x2goclient_se.ts' according to my suggestion
above) (You need to install the Qt Linguist package, in ubuntu this is
'qt4-dev-tools')
4. Edit in Qt Linguist (remember to go to "Edit->Translation file
settings" and set the correct target language settings)

The rest of the process should work, I hope ;-)

Good luck!

Regards,
Terje

PS! I'm cc'ing the x2go-i18n list here, in case someone reads the list
and tries to follow my recipe (which contained errors). Hopefully this
mail will correct those errors.