[x2go-i18n] call for translation: x2goclient, pyhoca-gui

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Apr 12 12:24:10 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan, Hi Alex,

On Mi 11 Apr 2012 16:56:48 CEST Stefan Baur wrote:

> Am 11.04.2012 12:40, schrieb Oleksandr Shneyder:
>> I don't really like the idea to translate English into English. I would
>> prefer to have correct text string in the code. It'll be enough if
>> someone send me simple E-Mail with:
>>
>> "String1" should be "String2"
>>
>> I'll patch X2Go Client by myself.
>
> It does seem like a strange concept, but if you change strings in
> X2Goclient that linguist-qt4 is looking for, won't that trigger the
> "Translation needs to be updated" flag?  If so, every change would
> send translators scrambling to check what needs to be updated, even
> though nothing actually needs to be updated... just a thought.
> Maybe you could try it out with one string to see what actually
> happens.

This actually was my concern, too. On the other hand I can understand
Alex. This awkward situation of original strings changing, however,
will only occur once, if we do a complete proof-reading of the
originals in one go.

I guess, Alex is right about prefering to change the originals in
upstream code.

@Alex: for new original strings I will keep an eye on the commits and
make remarks on language if necessary (or simply commit a corrected
version of the string).

@Stefan: if you find time, it would be awesome if you could go through
all the originals (e.g. in the x2goclient_de.ts file) and send Alex
(on this list) a list of all originals that you think should be
updated. I know that this is a bunch of work, but I myself should
rather focus on coding, I guess. So if you could take over this job
(whose result will be a PITA for all translators... but just only once
if done properly) that would be awesome!

Thanks+Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B