[X2Go-Dev] X2Go-TCE-MATE-Minidesktop, Contents of x2gothinclient-minidesktop Debian package

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Jan 21 14:53:26 CET 2019

Hi,

On  Mo 21 Jan 2019 14:45:44 CET, Ulrich Sibiller wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 12:57 PM Mike Gabriel
> <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
>> Today, I would propose another approach: install a background image to
>> /usr/share/backgrounds/x2go/, make it be the default desktop-base
>> background and remove it from /etc/x2go/ entirely.
>>
>> If people want to override the default background image, they need to
>> use update-alternatives and fiddle with desktop-base themselves.
>
> Why not take the systemd approach and check /etc/x2go first. If
> there's a background image, take that, else falls back to
> /usr/share/something.
>
> Uli

the desktop-base package does not work like that. It expects
/usr/share/images/desktop-base/desktop-background to be a symlink to
$SOMETHING_USABLE_AS_BACKGROUND.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31