[X2Go-Dev] Update for libssh-4

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Nov 21 20:31:38 CET 2018

Hi,

On  Di 20 Nov 2018 15:06:07 CET, xalloc wrote:

> [...]

The reasons for this issue are two:

1.
When mixing X2Go upstream DEBs for Debian stable with packages from
stretch-backports, you are on your own. Not recommended.

2.
X2Go Client's master branch has the required patch for libssh4 0.8.x
(and 0.8.0 was buggy in the first place). But a release of X2Go Client
has not happened for the last 4 months. It's overdue.

Your interim solution: use X2Go Client upstream DEBs from the heuler
repo hero (nightly builds). Same probably applies for the RPM builds
of X2Go Client.

Hope this helps,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31