[X2Go-Dev] Getting suspended session profile info through X2GoClient API

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri May 25 12:14:27 CEST 2018

Hi Tomáš,

On  Fr 25 Mai 2018 11:05:31 CEST, Tomáš Cerha wrote:

> 24. 5. 2018 v 11:55, Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:
>> The point is that the profile names / profile IDs are client-side
>> only. Nothing on the server is aware of them.
>
> Ok, it makes sense.

:-)

>> What I do in another project, I compare the commands that launched
>> the session. For this, I quite recently added this commit:
>> https://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=python-x2go.git;a=commitdiff;h=f89baa4e4c810f3f1b30e8ce080769d0f996fb43
>> <https://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=python-x2go.git;a=commitdiff;h=f89baa4e4c810f3f1b30e8ce080769d0f996fb43>
>
> Yes, comparing the command should work in my case too.  I just
> didn’t feel comfortable processing the session id on my side as I
> don’t know the exact logic of its creation (and I should not care).
> But when this processing is done on the side of python-x2go itself,
> I’m fine with that.  Thank you for pointing this out!

There can be more magic applied to the matching code. (E.g. color
depth matching, desktop or rootless session, etc.). If you need
anything like it, please hack that into python-x2go and provide your
patch.

>> 24. 5. 2018 v 11:56, Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:
>> While you work on broker and python-x2go, please provide
>> improvements to both projects, if you make any.
>
> Yes. Our client UI is quite specific, but I still have a few ideas
> for things, which might be useful generally.

Cool. Shov'em over...

> Thank you for your help and for your work on python-x2go!

Welcome!

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31