[X2Go-Dev] Different behavior of X2Go Client from Desktop and TCE

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Fri May 18 12:15:18 CEST 2018

Am 18.05.2018 um 12:09 schrieb Oleksandr Shneyder:
> Well, 256MB RAM it's what they used in city of Treuchtlingen. Loading
> images from local drive it's not an option, if you have about 200
> clients which are located kilometers away from each other.

It is an option, if local storage is present.  We have a background
updater exactly for that.
Also, TCE-Live *should* work via netboot as well, even on 256MB RAM
machines, though admittedly I haven't tested it myself.  In those
situations, you need to use httpfs instead of the "fetch" boot
parameter, that way, even in netboot mode, the image isn't loaded into
RAM (at least that's the theory behind it).

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)