[X2Go-Dev] Getting suspended session profile info through X2GoClient API

Tomáš Cerha cerha at brailcom.org
Fri May 18 11:12:33 CEST 2018

Dear list,

I am using the X2Go Python API to develop a custom UI for running our applications from (mainly) Windows client machines.

When starting an application based on a session profile obtained from the X2Go broker, I am checking for the suspended sessions on the server by calling X2GoClient.list_sessions().

X2GoClient.list_sessions() returns the list of all sessions on the server, including also sessions of other profiles.  I need to filter them out to include only the sessions of the same profile, which is currently starting.

The X2GoSessionInfo instances, however, don’t include the information I need.  I need the profile name, profile id or at least the command.  The command is included in the session name, but I don’t feel that parsing the session name is the right way to go.

Thus I tried to obtain more information about the session using X2GoClient.get_session_of_session_name(), but it returns None for all session names returned by X2GoClient.list_sessions().

I also tried to pass profile_name or profile_id to X2GoClient.list_sessions() but it is probably not meant to filter the sessions as I am still receiving the complete list of sessions including also sessions of other profiles.

So is there a way to find out the profile name, profile id or command of a suspended session returned by X2GoClient.list_sessions()?

Thank you for any advice.

Best regards

Tomas Cerha