[X2Go-Dev] Different behavior of X2Go Client from Desktop and TCE

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Fri May 18 10:14:58 CEST 2018

Am 18.05.2018 um 10:08 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:
>> Alex is working on the classic, NFS-based TCE, that so far does not come
>> with a Window Manager.
>>
>> Juri and I are maintaining the Debian-Live based TCE, where OpenBox is
>> included, because we were annoyed by X2GoClient's popups being inaccessible.
> Got it, thanks! Are there plans of mergeing the two? Or for dropping
> one of them?

Alex has a customer (I think) that wants to see TCE-NFS being kept alive
- so while someone is actively maintaining it, we can keep it.

IMO, the Debian-Live based TCE is the way to go, though, as it only
requires a few startup scripts to be maintained as patches, and a build
script.  The NFS-based solution seems to require a lot more manual work
and constant changes to keep it running and supported on newer Debian
releases, at least that's my opinion and why I started building TCE-Live.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)