[X2Go-Dev] repository: broken dependencies since today

ITM Administrators itmadm at itm.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Mar 20 11:06:14 CET 2018

Hello Mihai,

> You cannot reproduce that now, is that correct?
We have upgraded all computers manually after some hints from the IRC
channel. So there are no computers left in this non-updated state to test.

> If I remember correctly the new X2Go Server packages hit the repository a few
> hours later.
This hasn't helped. The problem still persisted after 6 days. Here the
log from the IRC (have I talked with you?):
> [...]
>
>     We are using
>
> dgrunert
>
>     deb http://packages. stretch main
>
> dgrunert
>
>     as source to get updates for x2go under Debian 9.0 "Stretch".
> Since today, the dependencies are not correct in this repository:
>
> dgrunert
>
>     The package nxagent was updated today to version 2:3.5.99.14-0+git201
>
> dgrunert
>
>     The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>
> dgrunert
>
>     x2goagent : Depends: nxagent (
> dgrunert
>
>     E: Broken packages
>
> Ionic
>
>     dgrunert: this is absolutely right correct - not broken
>
> Ionic
>
>     dgrunert: please run dist-upgrade, which should pull in
> x2goserver-x2goagent
>
> dgrunert
>
>     Ionic: Thank you for the fast response. We are usually not using
> dist-upgrade for the possibility of unwanted package removal. In this
> case, it is not possible due to some messed up dependencies of nvidia
> drivers.
>
> dgrunert
>
>     Ionic: But a simple apt-get install x2goserver-x2goagent
>
> Ionic
>
>     dgrunert: uh, that's bad
>
> Ionic
>
>     we actually deprecated x2goagent and replaced the package with
> x2goserver-x2goagent,
>
> Ionic
>
>     it shouldn't cause any harm leaving them around
>
> Ionic
>
>     hmmm
>
> Ionic
>
>     actually
>
> Ionic
>
>     you should be able to apt-get autoremove to get rid of those now
>
> dgrunert
>
>     I think the install command already took care about the deprecated
> packages:
>
> dgrunert
>
>     The following packages will be REMOVED:
>
> dgrunert
>
>     libnx-xcomposite1 libnx-xdamage1 libnx-xdmcp6 libnx-xext6
> libnx-xfixes3 libnx-xinerama1 libnx-xpm4 libnx-xrandr2 libnx-xrender1
> libnx-xtst6 libxcompext3 x2goagent
>
> dgrunert
>
>     The following NEW packages will be installed:
>
> dgrunert
>
>     libswitch-perl libtry-tiny-perl libx2go-log-perl libx2go-server-db-
>
> dgrunert
>
>     The following packages will be upgraded:
>
> dgrunert
>
>     libnx-x11-6 libxcompshad3 nx-x11-common nxagent x2goserver
> x2goserver-extension
>
> Ionic
>
>     oh it really did
>
> Ionic
>
>     okay then
>
> dgrunert
>
>     Okay, then the issue is resolved. Thanks a lot!
>
> Ionic
>
>     maybe I should have kept x2goagent around as a dummy package... hmmm

This just as a reference if others still have the problem. For us, the
problem is solved. But I wasn't able to withdraw this email to the
mailing list since the link is only valid for 3 days and the problem was
solved after 6 days.

Best regards

Dennis Grunert

Dipl.-Math. Dennis Grunert (system administrator)
Institute of Engineering and Computational Mechanics
(name in German: Institut für Technische und Numerische Mechanik)
University of Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 9, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
itmadm at itm.uni-stuttgart.de, tel +49 711-685-66581, fax -66400
http://www.itm.uni-stuttgart.de/staff/Grunert/
PGP: 0x38CD2BE8 / 6CBC C4EA 9674 266C E396  4C5E 3B4A FC58 38CD 2BE8