[X2Go-Dev] X2Go KDrive

Oleksandr Shneyder o.shneyder at phoca-gmbh.de
Fri Dec 21 13:53:52 CET 2018

Hi Mike,

Am 21.12.18 um 13:23 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Hi Alex,

[.....]

> Don't expect any DEB packaging work before January/February. Plus: I am
> stuffed with paid customer projects, they have priority.

sure, I don't expect you to do it before your paid projects. I'm in the
same situation here. I think the proper packages are more important for
community. For my customers now are more important working binaries and
for them I can just build installations packages.

> Plus, it would be cool to have autotools as build toolchain available
> like in all other Xserver video drivers.
>
> An example can be taken from e.g. xserver-xorg-video-nouveau [1].

It's a bit different situation. X2Go KDrive is not a driver, it's a
XServer and it need to be built inside of X.Org  tree. For the moment
I'm using very simple and dirty way to build it. Not very nice, but
works for me. I'm very busy with development now and don't have time to
create a "clean" build procedure.

>> PS: We decided, that the X2Go Kdrive is a better name, please try not to
>> use name "x2goephyr" to avoid the confusions.
>
> Noted and ack'ed.
>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mike
>
> Greets,
> Mike
>
> [1] apt-get source xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (on a Debian
> buster/unstable system)

regards

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shneyder at phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Schleiermacherstr. 2      | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München       | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658               | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973