[X2Go-Dev] [X2Go-Commits] [x2goclient] 01/01: Client now sends "login" parameter to the broker when executing task "selectsession". Before client just sent a username on the broker and it was imposiible to find out user name on X2Go server, which is not always the same as broker username. This won't break a compatibility with previous broker as they just will ignore this parameter.

Oleksandr Shneyder o.shneyder at phoca-gmbh.de
Fri Dec 21 13:32:15 CET 2018

Hi Mike
Am 21.12.18 um 07:49 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On  Fr 14 Dez 2018 12:24:39 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> My customers have different brokers. Some of them giving back sessions,
>> depending on broker login, other on x2go server login. One of the
>> examples:
>>
>> I'm logged on the broker as "Alex", you logged on the broker as "Mike".
>> Both of us logged on the one of the servers in server pool "Lab-1" as
>> user "labuser". We suspending our sessions. When we are logging to
>> broker next time, I'll get my session and you yours.
>
> I'm ok with the final login result of this model. The X2Go Session
> Broker can now handle this, I think.
>
> However, I am concerned about the session cards in X2Go Client. When I
> log into the broker, X2Go Client's session cards notify me about running
> or suspended sessions. At this time, the only know username is the
> broker user. Of course, I can put the X2Go Server user already into the
> session profile.
>
> How do you handle the display of "running session" / "suspended session"
> [1] on the session profile cards?

same here. Different use cases - different solutions. In some cases
username on server is saved in session file. In other cases x2go broker
get the user sessions from broker database. This details I'm usually
discussing with customer and we deciding together what is the best solution.

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shneyder at phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Schleiermacherstr. 2      | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München       | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658               | http://www.x2go.org
USt-IdNr.: DE281977973