[X2Go-Dev] [X2Go-Commits] [x2goclient] 01/01: Client now sends "login" parameter to the broker when executing task "selectsession". Before client just sent a username on the broker and it was imposiible to find out user name on X2Go server, which is not always the same as broker username. This won't break a compatibility with previous broker as they just will ignore this parameter.

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Dec 14 10:02:28 CET 2018

Hi Alex,

On  Mi 28 Nov 2018 17:03:52 CET, Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> this parameter is needed for the case if brokeruser and x2gouser are not
> same. Until this commit X2Go client only sent broker login to the
> broker, and not login name on x2go server.
> So if you are connecting to broker with name user1 and after this you
> want to connect to x2go server as user2, it was impossible to find out
> the list of sessions running for user2 on x2go server. Now X2Go client
> sends both logins (on broker and on x2go server).
> There are plenty use cases, where this information can be used. Another
> case when several broker users sharing same accounts on x2go servers. In
> this case you can track connection between X2Go Users and Broker Users.
>
> Anyway this should not brake any previous setups. X2Go Broker should
> just ignore arguments which are not supported.
>
> Regards
> Alex

I have added the login feature now to the X2Go Session Broker.

I encountered one corner case:

   * login into broker with X2Go Client for user A
   * the broker sends over one session profile that has
     broker agent support and can query the X2Go Server
     in the profile for running/suspended sessions
   * if there are sessions running/suspended for the broker
     user, then it reports that there is a session running
     or suspended (for the broker user)

   * if I now login with a user B (so another user as the
     broker user), I get (of course) a new session

Do you have a concept for this behaviour? Or do you simply deactivate
session resuming for setups where broker user != server user?

Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31