[X2Go-Dev] new version 4.1.1.0 from Mac still crashes to Fedora 26

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sun Nov 5 08:28:04 CET 2017

On 11/04/2017 06:23 PM, Robert Kudyba wrote:
> The server that works, that's where the NFS share is mounted. The workstation
> that fails, it uses the mounted NFS share from the server that works.

You mean the server that works is where the NFS share is mounted *from* - so for
the server, this is a local filesystem, while for the workstation, it's a
remotely mounted NFS file system, right?

I agree with Uli - you should try mounting it in a hard way so that it's always
available. In theory, permissions problems could also be at fault, although
you're clearly able to manipulate the file manually, so that's not a likely cause.

> cat session.log
> Error: Aborting session with 'Unable to open display
> 'nx/nx,options=/tmp/.x2go-localguy/C-localguy-137-1509136412_stDXFCE_dp32/options:137''.

Well, interesting. Is this file still available? If yes, what is its content?

Also, if available, the "clients" file would be interesting.

If I interpret that correctly, nxagent isn't able to open its own internal
display... which is fairly odd. It doesn't seem to be related to the remote
client-side display, but the X server that is part of nxagent (and thus opened
in nxagent.) Don't worry, if that doesn't make sense, nxagent's infrastructure
is quite complicated... c.f., the second diagram on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NX_technology#Technical_details_of_legacy_version_NX_3_and_earlier

> And here's the debug log from the nightly build client:
>
> [...]
> Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display
> '/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.XQbZF46YQZ/org.macosforge.xquartz:0'.
>
> Session: Session started at 'Sat NovĀ  4 13:06:03 2017'.

Okay, at least the cookie fetching problems on OS X are gone with that version.
Again, this wasn't a "real" problem even before this fix, since a fake cookie
would be generated which is (mostly) just as good.

Mihai