[X2Go-Dev] x2goclient ssh agent forwarding

Михаил Ледин mledin89 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:10:28 CET 2017

> On 20 Mar 2017, at 13:53, Stefan Baur <X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de> wrote:
>
> Am 16.03.2017 um 17:41 schrieb Michael Ledin:
>> Hi, x2go developers.
>>
>> I recently started to use x2go as remote control solution and very happy
>> with it. Thanks for your work.
>>
>> But I miss the ssh agent forwarding feature.
>>
>> I searched the web today a lot about this question and found several
>> links to mailing lists:
>>
>> https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=501
>>
>> https://www.libssh.org/archive/libssh/2016-11/0000007.html
>>
>> both contain messages from the same person Hadmut Danisch. The last one
>> even contains patches for x2goclient and libssh.
>>

>> What is the status of this feature? Is it not implement or is it me
>> doing something wrong?
>
> The feature is currently unsupported in X2GoClient.  My understanding is
> that last time we checked, it wasn't available upstream, and we didn't
> want to fork libssh.  This may, however, have changed since.
>
> In the meantime, you can try to use our workaround listed at
> <http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:ssh-agent-workaround <http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:ssh-agent-workaround>>
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan Baur
>
> --
> BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
> Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
> Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

Thanks for the link! But the funny part is that for some reason this wiki page is not in Google index (try to search "x2go ssh agent forwarding site: wiki.x2go.org"). Other wiki pages (I tested howtos) also do not appear in Google.
So I already reinvented this workaround by myself :-)

--
Michael Ledin