[X2Go-Dev] X2Go client to search for server?

John Cobo john.cobo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:28:43 CET 2017

Hello,

I am considering X2Go for a project which involves non-technical people
using X2Go to connect to a Raspberry Pi which does not have a screen and so
the user will not know the Pi's IP address. I could set an SSH port on the
Pi to an obscure number such as 2432 or something.

Would it be feasible for the X2Go clients have a new option to scan a range
of IPs (eg. 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.255) for a given port (eg. 2432) on
which to connect?

Such a feature could solve the generic problem of how to connect for the
first time to something new on your local network.

Thank you,

John Cobo