[X2Go-Dev] X2Go Server on Raspberry Pi

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Fri Nov 4 09:14:40 CET 2016

Hello Everyone!

It is possible to build Debian Packages of X2GoServer/NX-Libs on ARM7
(takes about 1 hour on a RPi3).

The build isn't automated yet, so there are no packages in the repo, but
everyone can build from source on a Jessie-based Raspbian:

echo "deb-src http://packages.x2go.org/debian jessie main" >>\
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/x2go.list
apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keys.gnupg.net E1F958385BFE2B6E
apt-get update
apt-get install lsof bc libconfig-simple-perl pwgen -y
apt-get install libdbd-sqlite3-perl libfile-basedir-perl -y
apt-get install libfile-which-perl libcapture-tiny-perl xfonts-base -y
apt-get build-dep nx-libs -y
apt-get source -b nx-libs
apt-get source -b x2goserver

This creates a whole bunch of *.debs, of which you will need the ones
starting with x2go*, nx*, and lib* matchen, and which don't contain -dev
nor -dbg in their names.

Session shadowing of :0 didn't work in our tests - this might either be
due to some client-side hiccup, or due to the Raspi doing weird things
for the local video output, that our session shadowing is unable to
catch. Further testing is needed, same goes for shadowing actual X2Go
sessions.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--