[X2Go-Dev] Help with x2goclient's sshd_config

Nable nable.maininbox at googlemail.com
Sun May 29 18:07:48 CEST 2016

Hi Mike,

I didn't dig deeply into your problem (as it requires heavyweight Qt
building environment) but here are my $0.02:
1) your second approach tries to create QTextStream from the closed
QFile, which seems to be a definitely a bad idea;
2) in your first approach appended line lacks terminating '\n' and it
seems to be a bad idea because in UNIX world '\n' is a
line-terminating character, not a separator. Btw, it's also sometimes
a buffer-flushing character, so I won't be surprised if your line
stays unflushed inside QTextStream (and it's obvious that file.close()
doesn't know about QTextStream objects that refer to its QFile
and cannot forcibly grab data from them, so one have to output
newlines or use some flush method).

I've tried to google("QTextStream buffering") and the second returned
page looks like the proof of my idea:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10370630/qtextstream-is-not-outputting-anything-what-could-i-be-doing-wrong