[X2Go-Dev] X2Go packages for SUSE-based systems

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Mar 2 20:56:58 CET 2016

Hi Alex,

SUSE packages on packages.x2go.org are built from the
.spec files in the Git repos on git.x2go.org. Packages get built via jenkins.x2go.org. The .spec files are maintained by X2Go upsteam devs.

The .spec files that build X2Go packages on OBS have been created by Jan Engelhardt and initially were of high quality and up-to-date. The OBS packaging had been sponsored financially by Michael Kromers company.

However, the OBS packages had various issues, some of them you have already named.

The RPM packages hosted on packages.x2go.org are IMHO more similar to our Debian packages and should be preferred.

However, I haven't tried then for a while now and I neither know if the Jenkins build jobs are up-to-date and if recent SUSE versions are already supported.

I guess this all needs some love...

Mike