[X2Go-Dev] Bug#872: Bug#872: Turn xinerama.conf file related code inside X2Go Client into legacy code (for NX agents << 3.6)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Jul 14 12:56:03 CEST 2016

Hi Mihai,

On  Mi 13 Jul 2016 06:06:16 CEST, Mihai Moldovan wrote:

> Code that created and periodically updated the xinerama.conf file
> shall be kept
> for legacy versions of nx-libs, but is not necessary with nx-libs
> 3.6.x anymore.

The above can be done conditionally:

   x2gofeature X2GOAGENT_RANDRXINERAMA

should return "ok" on stdout, if the feature is present.

In Python X2Go I load the "x2gofeaturelist" on every server
connection, so that I know what features are supported and what not.
Note, that X2Go Client so far has not been using this
x2gofeature(list) thingy. I wrote that for Python X2Go to be more
flexible on the client side when it comes to new server features and
legacy support for older servers.

Also note, that x2goserver-x2goagent for Debian was actually buggy
regarding that new feature, see:

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=43510ec2ddd5d0fcfbec71d32e5f9ffb992f585c

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31