[X2Go-Dev] Bug#987: Bug#987: .ts Files Name Mismatch Problem

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Wed Jan 27 23:42:05 CET 2016

On 27.01.2016 11:26 PM, Orkun BALCI wrote:
> In the code and in the error it exactly seeks for x2goclient_tr_tr (or x2goclient_tr_TR depending on version) file. However, when I read the link you sent, I got that there can be another wrong character in the name. In this link it says x2goclient.tr_TR or x2goclient.tr <http://x2goclient.tr> are the correct front names of it. So, there can be an underscore or dot character problem.

If you use

LC_ALL=de_DE.utf8 LANG=de_DE.utf8 LANGUAGE=de_DE.utf8 x2goclient --debug

you'll see that the client starts up in German. So the algorithm in x2goclient is working as intended - at least for some translations.

Now, there is another bug report with #953 and your report is actually a duplicate of this.

LC_ALL=nb_NO.utf8 LANG=nb_NO.utf8 LANGUAGE=nb_NO.utf8:da_DK.utf8 x2goclient --debug

will exactly replicate the behavior described in the other bug report - loading the fallback Danish translation instead of the (equally existing) Norwegian one.

Just like for the Norwegian translation, the Turkish translation fails to load. I suspect it's not a code problem, but something else. The issue is reproducible on OS X, too.

Try

LC_ALL=tr_TR.utf8 LANG=tr_TR.utf8 LANGUAGE=tr_TR:nb_NO.utf8:da_DK.utf8 x2goclient --debug

and guess what language will be loaded...

I have to investigate this.

Mihai