[X2Go-Dev] libzip - do we even use it?

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 16:42:06 CET 2016

Hi Alex,

I am working on releasing a new build of X2Go Client for Windows
4.0.5.0-x with security updates, when I noticed that libzip has a
security update available.

Upon further investigation, it looks like we do not even use libzip:
1. "Dependency Walker" shows that we do not link X2Go Client for
Windows against it.
2. X2Go Client for Windows 4.0.5.0 seems to work without it.
3. X2Go Client for Windows 4.0.0.3 (the last release before I resumed
maintianing it) didn't even include it.
4. I grepped the "x2goclient" source tree for "libzip" at 3.99.0.0,
4.0.0.0 and 4.0.5.0 and there were no matches.

You were the one who updated the wiki to state that we need libzip, so
I figured I would ask you.
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:build-howto-mswin:x2goclient?rev=1363699682

-Mike