[X2Go-Dev] Bug#751: new DebBugs scripts: mbox / cleanbug

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Feb 20 09:51:49 CET 2016

Hi all,

last night, I created to new scripts for the debbugs software
underneath bugs.x2go.org.

Both scripts are attached and can be found under /usr/lib/debbugs on
host ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de.

Especially the cleanbug script should be of interested here.

I recently received various abuse notifications from my provider and
they all relate to X2GO bugs containing mails with virus attachments.
These need to be cleaned.

I already did so for the reported URLs:

http://bugs.x2go.org/128
http://bugs.x2go.org/232
http://bugs.x2go.org/496
http://bugs.x2go.org/765

But there are more...

Please coordinate in the X2Go core team, who will work on cleaning up
the X2Go bugtracker. Currently, these people have access:

   Heinz
   Mihai
   Mike

You have to log into ymir.das-netzwerkteam.de (aka bugs.x2go.org) as
user locadm and become root via sudo.

The cleanbug script itself is easy to handle:

   # /usr/lib/debbugs/cleanbug <bugno>

Once you triggered the script, you have to look at bug posts on the
selected bug and say yes and no.

At the end you get asked, if you really want to write back the changes
to the bug. The answer's question defaults to "no".

You should create some back before manipulating existing bugs. For
this, create copies of <bugno>.log in /var/lib/debbugs/spool/db-h/

Note for archived bugs: for cleaning up archived bugs, you have to
unarchive them first.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31