[X2Go-Dev] Bug#998: Image inverted when displayed via x2go

Toby Darling toby at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 17:47:34 CET 2016

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.4

My users have an application[1] that when run under x2go inverts the
image it is displaying. There is a comparative screen shot
e2boxer-inverted.png at
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-6ks0UHchgjTUpxSkRwd1FLa2s&usp=sharing

The window on the left is through x2go and on the right is native.
(I've added the red boxes and text to clarify what appears to be random
splodges.)

We've reproduced this discrepancy on Scientific Linux 6.7, MacOS 10.6
and MacOS 10.9. When run natively, the image is displayed correctly.

x2goserver is version 4.0.1.19 running on Scientific Linux 6.7

[1] EMAN2 from
http://ncmi.bcm.tmc.edu/ncmi/software/software_details?selected_software=counter_222

The downloadable EMAN2 gzip file contains all the software required to
run e2boxer.py - the program that exhibits this problem, no build or
config is necessary. The sample input file
Falcon_2016_02_02-09_10_45_cor.mrc is at the same link as the screen
shot. Once EMAN2 is unpacked run:

#-- 8< --#

#!/bin/bash

EMAN2DIR=<inst_dir>/EMAN2

export EMAN2DIR
export PATH=$EMAN2DIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$EMAN2DIR/lib
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$EMAN2DIR/lib

echo "******************"
which e2boxer.py

e2boxer.py Falcon_2016_02_02-09_10_45_cor.mrc

Many thanks for the awesome work you do keeping this software going!

Cheers
Toby
--
Toby Darling, Scientific Computing (2N249)
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology