[X2Go-Dev] debian jessie general protection trap in libNX_X11.so.6.2 caused by some apps

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Sep 30 14:37:06 CEST 2015

Hi Jean-Francois,

On  Di 29 Sep 2015 20:13:52 CEST, Jean-Francois Dagenais wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Long time x2go user.
>
> Just remade my box with debian jessie. Followed the server
> instructions steps. I can run xterm and other programs, but some
> (like gnome-terminal, xfce-terminal, mate-terminal ... and others)
> cause x2goagent to crash with:
>
> traps: x2goagent[8626] general protection ip:7fdf1317fe6d
> sp:7ffe79b7dd70 error:0 in libNX_X11.so.6.2[7fdf13133000+123000]
>
> This is using today's nightly build.
>
> Wondering how to proceed now. Sources build to get more debug information?
>
> FYI, I am a general software and linux kernel developer but am not
> familiar with the x2go project development.
>
> Thanks!

Please checkout the latest nx-libs code for this:
http://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs (3.6.x branch)

Run you test on that code-base, please. You can obtain binaries for
some Debian and Ubuntu sytems at [1].

Normally, you should be able to reproduce that issue via a local
nxagent session, i.e. run "nxagent :1" on a local display. This pops
up a Xephyr like nxagent window. Test the above tests in that nxagent
session (export DISPLAY=:1 gnome-terminal).

For debugging nxagent, please refer to the standard X11 debugging
procedures [2].

Mike

[1] deb http://packages.arctica-project.org/debian-nightly
{jessie,stretch,unstable} main