[X2Go-Dev] x2go client session kicks user back to the session login screen

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Tue Sep 29 01:34:12 CEST 2015

Hey Liz,

first, your two server logfiles were anonymized in different locations.
One showed the IP, but not the node name, the other the node name, but
not the IP.

So now I'm confused - are you trying to connect to the same server,
from both clients?  Or are these two different servers, not only two
different clients?

Second, the screenshots in your original message showed a firewall
popup.  It doesn't look like you allowed incoming connections for
x2goclient.app yet?  Judging from what Mihai (one of our resident Mac
experts here on the list) told me, you have to, or X2GoClient won't work
.

Third, could you run the following four tests on the terminal of both
the affected and the unaffected machine and compare the output for
each test between affected and unaffected?

ssh non-root-user at x2goserver

See if the connection works and if you see a banner message.  Make a
copy of the banner message if there is one, so you can compare it.

ssh root at x2goserver

See if the connection works and if you see a banner message. Make a
copy of the banner message if there is one, so you can compare it.

ssh -X non-root-user at x2goserver

type "xterm" after you see the shell prompt, see if XTerm comes up and
there are no error messages on the console

ssh -X root at x2goserver

type "xterm" after you see the shell prompt, see if XTerm comes up and
there are no error messages on the console

Fourth, another hint from Mihai, in the xquartz settings, there's a
"Security" tab.  Could you take a screenshot of the current settings
there, please, and post the screenshots for both machines?

Last, it would be interesting to know if the affected machine is in
the same IP network as the unaffected one, or not.  To find out, run

ifconfig -a

in each Mac's terminal and compare the results.

Kind Regards,
Stefan