[X2Go-Dev] Bug#940: Bug#940: x2goclient on OS X should use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu Sep 10 19:59:17 CEST 2015

Control: close -1
Control: tag -1 wontfix

On 10.09.2015 05:08 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Package: x2goclient
> Version: 4.0.5.0
>
> See this in /var/log/system.log on x2goclient startup:
>
> x2goclient[2305]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is
> returning 10.9.5 instead of 10.10.5. Use NSProcessInfo's
> operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number

I'm closing this up. Yes, it "should", but it's not an X2Go Client problem.
Rather, Qt is doing this and I cannot fix Qt to do the right thing. AFAIK Qt 5.x
has a fix for that - so once X2Go Client has been updated to work with Qt 5.x,
this message should go away.

Unfortunately, MacPorts currently does not allow Qt 4 and Qt 5 to be installed
at the same time, so this has lower priority for me (also, most enterprise Linux
distros don't even ship Qt 5 yet.)

Mihai