[X2Go-Dev] x2go client session kicks user back to the session login screen

rpr nospam rpr.nospam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:07:03 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:19:21 +0000 <Elizabeth.Real at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> My response: I am trying to connect from one x2go client (Mac
> 10.10.4) to one x2go server (RHEL7). When I login from the x2go
> client using a non-root account to the x2goserver the session kicks
> me back to the login screen. When I login from the x2go client using
> a root account to the x2goserver I am able to connect without any
> problems.

I had a similar issue while connecting from X2Go Client v. 4.0.5.0 on
MS Windows to X2Go Server v. 4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu14.04.1 on Linux
Mint 17.2 (using MATE session): the user was kicked back to the
session login screen.

The problem was in the .Xauthority* files in the user's home directory
on the server side. One of the files was owned by the root, which
was a problem.

The user solved the issue by running the following command on the X2Go server:

sudo rm ~/.Xauthority*

Hope this helps.
-- rpr.