[X2Go-Dev] Failing package and GPG Keys

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sun Oct 18 05:53:36 CEST 2015

On 06.10.2015 06:15 PM, Real, Elizabeth (392K) wrote:
> I need help to setup x2go server on a RHEL7 system. I configured the needed
> repos and installed perl modules file::which, config::simple, capture::tiny.
> However when I yum install x2goserver x2goserver-xsession I get an error/warning
> about the GPG keys not being correct, the repo is looking
> at http://packages.x2go.org/pub.key. If that does not work, where else can I go
> to get the keys?

It looks like I didn't enable a shell feature when I manually re-signed all RPM
packages with the appropriate key(s), thus leaving some packages signed with the
"wrong" key.

I've re-done this operation for all RPM repositories, including EPEL and Fedora,
this time actually catching all packages.

Retrying the operation, maybe after cleaning metadata with yum clean metadata,
should succeed this time around.

There's something else that worries me, though...

> =========================================================================================================================
>  Package                 Arch       Version
>              Repository             Size
> =========================================================================================================================
> Installing:
>  x2goserver              x86_64     4.0.1.19-3.el7
>             epel                  102 k
>  x2goserver-xsession     x86_64     4.0.1.19-3.el7
>             epel                   13 k
> Installing for dependencies:
>  libNX_X11-6             x86_64
> 3.5.0.32-0.0x2go1.1.git20150704.734.main.el7.centos      x2go-release-epel     516 k

This means that x2goserver and x2goserver-xsession will be pulled from EPEL,
while the NX packages will be installed from x2go-release-epel.

That's probably going to blow up some time or later, especially since the EPEL
and our packages aren't exactly the same.

You could probably either drop our repository completely and only use EPEL or
play with yum priorities.

Sadly, RHEL 7 seems to have a history of broken yum priorities plugins, c.f.,
https://access.redhat.com/discussions/1348623

Enable the optional channel, if not already available, and install
yum-plugin-priorities via

yum install -y yum-plugin-priorities

Afterwards, yum-config-manager --enable x2go-release-epel
--setopt="x2go-release-epel.priority=5" should give x2go-release-epel a higher
priority over epel. You should see x2goserver and x2goserver-xsession listed as
to-be-installed from x2go-release-epel.

I'm not entirely sure what the default priority of epel is, though. The digit
provided to yum-config-manager must be smaller than whatever the epel repository
has.

Naturally, not using our repository but epel will be easier on your part - and
more difficult for me.

Mihai