[X2Go-Dev] X2Go support in Q4OS

Q4OS Team info at q4os.org
Fri May 29 09:33:13 CEST 2015

Hi Mike, Mihai,

On 05/29/2015 04:31 AM, Michael DePaulo wrote:
> Hi Pete,
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Mihai Moldovan <ionic at ionic.de> wrote:
>> Hi Pete
>>

>> On 27.05.2015 10:10 AM, Q4OS Team wrote:
>>> we are developing Q4OS distribution based on Trinity DE. We want to support the
>>> great X2Go product in our distro as perfect as possible, I would like to ask
>>> you, if it would be possible to add Q4OS item into X2Go Client 'session type'
>>> combobox. I don't know exactly the background, but suppose to add our startup
>>> session script '/usr/bin/start-q4os-x2go' into the Client source code.
>> Generally possible, sure. But Q4OS is supposed to be using Trinity, right? So
>> you'd really be interested in a Trinity menu entry. This one does already exist.
>>
>> What is /usr/bin/start-q4os-x2go supposed to do?
>>
>> As long as the required (X2Go) packages are available on Q4OS, it should be
>> working out of the box with Trinity and I don't see any reason to add another
>> menu entry just for Q4OS. Unless I'm missing something?
>>

>> Mihai
> In addition to what Mihai said, we can also modify the behavior of
> x2goserver to launch /usr/bin/start-q4os-x2go supposed if the user
> selects "TRINITY" in x2goclient, but x2goserver detects that it is
> running on Q4OS.
>
> We are already launching different GNOME and UNITY commands depending
> upon what Linux distro you are using.
>
> This is the x2goruncommand bash script in x2goserver 4.0.1.19. Our
> lines for launching trinity are 197 & 198. Our lines for launching
> GNOME or Unity are 93 through 167 (including comments & whitespace).
> You don't need to read through all those lines; just note that we have
> flexibility in x2goserver.
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=blob;f=x2goserver/bin/x2goruncommand;h=e7e20e2b9433c1ec59cb300b3e43997f9152bb4d;hb=8a494e794402c1b124d861893d649726a9016eb7
>
> -Mike#2
>

 > As long as the required (X2Go) packages are available on Q4OS, it
should be working out of the box with Trinity.
Unfortunately no, Q4OS needs to set env and take some tasks before
launch a session. This is what our script does, see below.

 > What is /usr/bin/start-q4os-x2go supposed to do?
This is small dash compatible script, it takes some Q4OS specific tasks,
set Q4OS environment and then launches default Trinity 'starttde' script.

 > We can also modify the behavior of x2goserver to launch
/usr/bin/start-q4os-x2go supposed if the user selects "TRINITY" in
x2goclient
Both methods look nice. I suppose the best way to detect Q4OS is to
simply check /usr/bin/start-q4os-x2go to exist.

Pete