[X2Go-Dev] Last Call! X2Go: The Gathering 2015, Registration ends in one week from today!

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Mon May 11 22:07:17 CEST 2015

| X2Go: The Gathering 2015 - 2015-06-19 - 2015-06-21 @ Linuxhotel |

Hello, everyone!

This is an update on the X2Go: The Gathering 2015 situation.
 ** Please pay special attention to the sections containing the **
 ** word "UPDATE" in capital letters.                           **

Registration ends in one week from today!

UPDATE: All beds are booked out by our ten participants!

These are, in alphabetical order:

- - Alonso, Nicolas Arenas (TheQVD)
- - Baur, Stefan (BAUR-ITCS)
- - DePaulo, Michael Swinick
- - Fleten, Kjetil Andre (fleten.net)
- - Gabriel, Mike (DAS-NETZWERKTEAM)
- - Heinold, Henning
- - Martinez, Nito (TheQVD)
- - Moldovan, Mihai (BAUR-ITCS)
- - Pedersen-Cook, Mark (fleten.net)
- - Wicke, Florian (Hetzner)

UPDATE: Thanks to Florian Wicke's employer, Hetzner, we will be able
to cover the accomodation costs of at least 4 participants, and we
will probably spend the remaining money of Hetzner's sponsorship on
food and/or travel expenses.

Also, special thanks to Linuxhotel for jumping in and renewing their
kind offer, as we had originally selected another location that didn't
work out.

If you still want to join us, you have the following options:

- - You can bring your own sleeping bag and sleep on the conference room
  floor (in theory, bringing your own tent and setting it up on the
  lawn should work, too - it has been done before - but if you're
  really that desperate, please *do* tell me in advance that you're
  bringing a tent, so I can check back with the Linuxhotel owners).
- - You can visit us on a day-by-day basis, sleeping elsewhere.
- - UPDATE: You can ask me to be put on a waiting list, in case more
  beds become available.

Regardless of which option you choose:
Please DO contact me at X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de with the
text "The Gathering" somewhere in the subject and bug me publicly on
the X2Go-Project list if you don't receive a confirmation by e-mail
after a day or two.

For those sleeping elsewhere, there's no such hard deadline as
for the room reservations, but you will need to "check in" (see
"Admission fee" below) for our gathering with the Linuxhotel staff, so
please *do* let us know in advance.

*Cost overview*
UPDATE: An overview of the costs, updated for people interested in
taking the sleeping bag or day-to-day approach, is available at:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/events:x2go-gathering-2015#cost_overview

*Payment*
UPDATE: You will have to pay in cash *on Saturday morning* - or *upon
arriving at Linuxhotel*, if you're not staying over night.  Sorry, we
can't accept credit cards, debit cards, bitcoins or other forms of
payment for this event - *cash only*.
UPDATE: The only exception to the rule are wire transfers for those
participants wanting to pay in advance.  Also, all payments must be
made in *Euro, not in foreign currencies*.
If you wish to pay in advance, please contact me via E-Mail at
X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de for the SEPA banking details.

*Lunch/Dinner/BBQ*
UPDATE: We have reached "critical mass" so that we could order
lunch/dinner from Linuxhotel as well, if all participants agree.
Dear participants:
Please let me know whether you would like to
[ ] have lunch served by Linuxhotel on
    [ ] Saturday
    [ ] Sunday
    [ ] both
[ ] have dinner served by Linuxhotel on Saturday
[ ] have dinner at Unperfekthaus on Saturday, like last year
[ ] bring your own food/order pizza/fire up the BBQ whenever you want
I need your answer by 2015-05-18, so I can make the proper
reservations and arrangements!!!

Linuxhotel charges 5 EUR per person and lunch/dinner, however, you can
expect a discount on that due to the Hetzner sponsorship.

Dinner at Unperfekthaus is 15,90 EUR minimum (for 1 hour), 4 EUR extra
if you want to extend your stay to a total of 5 hours.
Mihai: Bring your student ID for a discount.

*Event schedule*
The event schedule is still in the making.  Note that this year, we
will have the option to split up into smaller groups in
different rooms for more effective co-working on individual topics,
hands-on demonstrations, and for side-topic presentations that may not
be of interest to the entire group.

Please let me know if you would like to volunteer for a
presentation/talk!!!  E-Mail me at X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de

So far, we have two or three topics by Mike#1, one by Mike#2, one by
me (probably/hopefully together with Mike#1), and something like 2-4
topics by the TheQVD foilks.

As always, we will be updating the Wiki page
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/events:x2go-gathering-2015
as more information becomes available.

Sincerely,
Stefan Baur, "X2Go: The Gathering" event organizer

- --
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243