[X2Go-Dev] X2go Mac client and Red Hat 7 server

Stefan Baur X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de
Wed May 6 22:01:44 CEST 2015

Am 06.05.2015 um 21:40 schrieb Real, Elizabeth (392K):
> 1. Weird, I am subscribed but again did not get the notification.
> Maybe we are blocking your domain.

:-(

> 2. Called ssh on the command line using the string provided and I
> logged into my host, no problems. What does this step prove? Other
> than I¹m using openssh keys to connect?

It verifies that the RSA key on your host is working, because it
forces your SSH client to connect to the host using the RSA host key,
like X2GoClient does.

So the error seems to be on the client side, unless I made a mistake
composing the test command.

> 3. Did not change the client sshd_config file

Okay.  And when you disable file and printer sharing in your
X2GoClient's session configuration, the error remains?

If yes, you could try a preview release of X2GoClient for OS X:

http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-macosx/x2goclient/previews/4.0.4.0/x2goclient-4.0.4.0-preview2-g169c9c2-20150326_OSX_10_6.dmg

http://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-macosx/x2goclient/previews/4.0.4.0/x2goclient-4.0.4.0-preview2-g169c9c2-20150326_OSX_10_9.dmg

Note that this preview includes two versions of X2Go Client.  One was
built on OS X 10.6 and is best-suited for OS X 10.6 and 10.7, while the
other was built on OS X 10.9 and is best suited for OS X 10.9 and 10.10.

> 4. We are testing X2go for our Red Hat 7 deployment. We are looking
> for a low bandwidth remote desktop solution for some of our users.

Cool. :-)  If we get it to work for you, do you think we could publish
your use case on our web page?

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)