[X2Go-Dev] Bug#276: qt/kde applications does not work as root.

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Fri Mar 27 07:38:24 CET 2015

On 25.03.2015 09:31 AM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On  Mi 25 Mär 2015 08:56:32 CET, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
>
>> Unless anyone here has any ideas how to correctly change the "static"
>> /etc/sudoers file?
>
> Please don't fiddle with the main /etc/sudoers file via packaging
> scriptlets. This gets heavily frowned upon by various people. Use the
> means of documentation (README files, etc.) instead.

Ok.

I've added the following fix to the release and master branches:

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goserver.git;a=commitdiff;h=6862d30b4902405f4a3ccd23c036324aae20f515

It copies a documentation file describing the problem and necessary
steps and moves the sudoers file to the documentation directory for
OpenSUSE 11/SLE{S,D} 11.

The same bit of information is also available on the wiki:

https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2goserver#workaround_for_qt-based_applications_and_sudo_kdesu

Note that this requires people to actually "stumble upon the
documentation" and manually perform the steps described there. Without
touching /etc/sudoers, no automatic fix for the issue is possible and
the package remains "broken" (i.e., that bug still applies for *SUSE 11.)

Mihai