[X2Go-Dev] Bug#817: x2goserver from x2go ppa doesn't install due to unmet dependencies

Luís Filipe Lucas luisfrlucas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:33:14 CET 2015

Package: x2goserver

When I try to install x2goserver from x2go ppa on my ubuntu trusty
machine it fails:

# apt-get install x2goserver
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
x2goserver : Depends: x2goagent (>= 2:3.5.0.25-0~) but it is not going to
be installed

# apt-get install x2goagent
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
x2goagent : Depends: nxagent (>= 2:3.5.0.29-0~592~ubuntu14.04.1)
            Depends: nxagent (< 2:3.5.0.29-0~592~ubuntu14.04.1.1)

It seems that the recent upgrade of nx-libs on ppa to 3.5.0.29 version is
the root of the problem.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS, kernel 3.13.0-43-generic

Best regards

Luis Lucas