[X2Go-Dev] Bug#806: x2goserver database problems was root cause?

Jason Alavaliant alavaliant at ra09.com
Mon Mar 9 01:30:08 CET 2015

Further digging through my install revealed that in the database the
used_ports   table   had 36108  entries recording every port from 30001
up to 66109 in use.

The session table didn't have anywhere near that many sessions recorded
as in use,    so I ran a

"delete from used_ports where session_id not in (select session_id from
sessions);"
which removed 34683  rows from the table.

My clients are now getting ports in a much more sensible range provided
back from the x2goserver when establishing a connection.

Reading the database creation code it looks like there should be a
trigger deletes from used_ports when a session table row is removed so I
think my database might have somehow failed to create that trigger on
creation?     Still digging into exactly how the data got into the state
it was in.