[X2Go-Dev] Bug#788: Bug#788: Pyhoca-Gui freezes when connection to desktop

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Tue Mar 3 14:26:19 CET 2015

Hi Jan

On 02.03.2015 09:59 AM, Ja Bi wrote:
> Aha, i didn't know that it is a symlink and i though that i use it
> only when i connect via vmware client, what is not that common, but
> you are right, i will try to do it better :)

Can you please do me a favor and write a script that does nothing but
fails and put it into /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d, then test if x2goserver
4.0.1.19 continues to work even if that script is in there and
pyhoca-gui does not freeze?

Kind of like that (as root):

printf '#!/bin/bash\nfalse\n' > /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/00-failscript
chmod +x /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/00-failscript

Then make sure to have x2goserver 4.0.1.19 installed and test via
pyhoca-gui as usual.

If it works fine, terminate the session and run

rm /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/00-failscript

Then report back here, so that I can close the ticket.

Mihai