[X2Go-Dev] Bug#891: I have a fix for VcXsrv, but it needs discussion

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Sun Jun 28 19:29:59 CEST 2015

On 28.06.2015 05:35 PM, Michael DePaulo wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 5:10 AM, Stefan Baur <X2Go-ML-1 at baur-itcs.de> wrote:
>> Am 28.06.2015 um 02:54 schrieb Michael DePaulo:
> I have asked people but I have never seen an official answer on what
> our 4 digit versioning scheme means exactly.
>
> I was under the impression that for A.B.C.D, it means this:
>
> A - Major version with compatibility implications. As an example of a
> compatibility implication, X2Go Server 4.x cannot accept connections
> from X2Go Client 3.x unless x2goserver-compat is installed.
> B - Major version without compatibility implications.
> C - Minor version
> D - Micro version (patch level)

AFAIK there is no strict versioning scheme - we just increment versions whenever
it seems appropriate because backwards compatibility broke or something along
these lines.

This change probably warrants in increase of C to 5.

>> Or could you create a patch that allows toggling between the two modes
>> of operation, and when the first reconnect fails, try it with the
>> other mode?
>
> That's a good idea. I will need to add an option to VcXsrv like
> "-[no]limitwglcolors", but that should be easy. I will look into this.

Nope, there's no easy way to restart a session internally. I'm against crufting
the code even more with a workaround just for that.

Mihai