[X2Go-Dev] Bug#883: Regression in VcXsrv

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 06:21:27 CEST 2015

As I discussed with Stefan & Mihai at X2Go Gathering 2015:
1. VcXsrv 1.1.2 is not affected, so this appears to be a regression in VcXsrv.
2. It is safe to assume that it is a regression in the multiwindow
code in VcXsrv (and in other X servers for Windows),
xorg-server/hw/xwin/winmultiwindow*
3. We should bisect released versions/builds of VcXsrv until we find
which version was 1st affected, and then compare their source code in
the aforementioned area to find what change probably caused the
regression. If need be, we will build old git revisions in between
those released versions.
4. I have started doing #3 and recording the results in this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cVe7UELbJqLEFsE20v1-weUWyW-pQByTAkeUOIPs-uw/edit?usp=sharing

-Mike#2