[X2Go-Dev] [X2Go-Project] RfC: How should X2Go handle commercial offers/sponsorships and discussions related to that?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Jan 27 14:43:13 CET 2015

Hi,

On  Di 27 Jan 2015 13:49:47 CET, Stefan Baur wrote:

> Am 27.01.2015 um 13:44 schrieb Jos:
>> Thus if X2go benefits from sponsorship i can't imagine a sponsor
>> having trouble with mentioning its name.
>
> There are such troubles.  One has been explained to me already, and
> there are probably more.  And even disclosing this particular one
> would probably be enough to "unmask" the sponsor in question to those
> that should not know, so I cannot explain any further, sorry.  The
> name of a sponsor should not be made public unless we have permission
> for it.

of course, we should make it possible for sponsors to stay anonymous.
But the underlying work should be as transparent as possible.

So for sponsors that wish to stay anonymous, the main contractor (i.e.
Stefan, Alex, etc.) needs to act as proxy-person for incoming issue
reports or feature requests from that very sponsor.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31