[X2Go-Dev] jenkins.x2go.org in trouble

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Jan 13 16:04:21 CET 2015

On  Di 13 Jan 2015 15:59:06 CET, Michael DePaulo wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 12:41 AM, Michael DePaulo
> <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:33 AM, Michael DePaulo
>> <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I will take a look tomorrow evening.
>>
>> Sorry, I'll look at it either tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening.
>
> several builds were failing but hung indefinitely. You can see 2 of
> the logs here:
> http://jenkins.x2go.org:8080/view/All/job/x2gobroker+nightly+debian-sid/163/console
> http://jenkins.x2go.org:8080/view/All/job/x2gobroker+nightly+debian-jessie/148/console
>
> I fixed the problem in the short term by killing those qemubuilder processes.
>
> Builds are now working. But there is a build queue of 85 right now.
>
> However, we do not want the problem to happen again. Mike#1 thinks
> that it is because we ran into the limit of 8 loop devices on the host
> (japsand.) However, the limit has been set to 64 since before the
> machine was last rebooted:
> mikedep333 at japsand:/etc/modprobe.d$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/loop.conf
> options loop max_loop=64
>
> I'll look into this later. Maybe we specified the limit on loop
> devices incorrectly.
>
> -Mike#2

The deeper cause of the problem is that if qemubuilder finishes
uncleanly, it leaves stale mounts behind that block one loop device
each.

Maybe using a signal trap in x2go-build-deb-package might help with a
good portion of post-build-cleanup code.

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31