[X2Go-Dev] jenkins.x2go.org in trouble

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:59:06 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 12:41 AM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:33 AM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Mike Gabriel
>> <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
>>> Hi Alex, hi Heinz, hi Michael,
>>>
>>> the build system on jenkins.x2go.org seems to have some troubles at the
>>> moment.
>>>
>>> Can either of you take a look? I any help is needed I will be happy to
>>> provide it during this week.
>>>
>>> Greets,
>>> Mike
>> [...]
>>
>> I will take a look tomorrow evening.
>
> Sorry, I'll look at it either tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening.

several builds were failing but hung indefinitely. You can see 2 of
the logs here:
http://jenkins.x2go.org:8080/view/All/job/x2gobroker+nightly+debian-sid/163/console
http://jenkins.x2go.org:8080/view/All/job/x2gobroker+nightly+debian-jessie/148/console

I fixed the problem in the short term by killing those qemubuilder processes.

Builds are now working. But there is a build queue of 85 right now.

However, we do not want the problem to happen again. Mike#1 thinks
that it is because we ran into the limit of 8 loop devices on the host
(japsand.) However, the limit has been set to 64 since before the
machine was last rebooted:
mikedep333 at japsand:/etc/modprobe.d$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/loop.conf
options loop max_loop=64

I'll look into this later. Maybe we specified the limit on loop
devices incorrectly.

-Mike#2